Skip to main content
- Full name, mailing address
- Day and evening phone numbers
- Country of citizenship (most Federal jobs requires U.S. citizenship)
Veterans' Preference For Hiring
- To claim 5-point veterans’ preference, attach a copy of your DD-214, (Member Copy 4), Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof of eligibility.
- To claim 10-point veterans’ preference, attach an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veterans’ Preference, plus the proof required by that form.
- Veterans’ preference is not a factor for Senior Executive Service jobs or when competition is limited to status candidates (current or former Federal career or career-conditional employees.)
- If requested, attach an SF-50 proof of your career or career-conditional status.
- Highest Federal civilian grade held
Give the following information for your paid and nonpaid work experience. (Do not attach job descriptions).
- Starting and ending dates (month and year)
- Employer’s name and address
- Job Title (include series and grade if Federal job)
- Duties and accomplishments should be listed separately with each job title
- Supervisor’s name and telephone number (indicate if your current supervisor may be contacted)
- Hours per week and salary
- High School
- Date of diploma or GED
- College or universities
- Majors (Type and year of any degrees received. If no degree, show total credits earned and indicate whether semester or quarter hours.) Send a copy of your college transcript only if the job opportunity announcement requests it.
- Job - related training courses (title and year)
- Job - related skills, for example, other languages, computer software, etc.
- Job - related honors, awards and special accomplishments. For example, publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, leadership activities, public speaking and performance awards.
- Visit www.usajobs.gov/ – click on create resume.
- Once you have created a resume you can apply for Federal employment opportunities by clicking the search jobs tab.
- Your profile (resume) is stored in their database, so you may update it as necessary.
- You can choose to receive email notifications of new job postings. HRT/HCD October 2012