The United States Secret Service is actively recruiting recent college graduates to participate in the Special Agent Talent & Achievement Recruitment, or STAR, program. Ideal candidates for the STAR program will likely have:
- A four-year or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Superior academic achievement (SAA)*
- A desire to serve as a special agent with an elite law enforcement agency
Show us you have the talent and background we need, and we’ll show you the rewards that come with being a special agent in the U.S. Secret Service.
Standing Post podcast
The official podcast of the U.S. Secret Service that highlights active and former employees about their roles & responsibilities throughout the agency
- Starting salary ranging from $53,510 - $58,933 (GL-7), depending on initial field office assignment, with full promotion potential to earn $129, 472 - $142,595 (GS-13).
- Tuition reimbursement for qualifying student loans up to $60,000. Additionally, candidates recruited for permanent appointments are eligible for up to $10,000 per year for tuition assistance toward the cost of academic degree training when the program contributes to a training need, resolves a staffing problem or accomplishes a strategic goal.
- Witness history while traveling the world and protecting elected leaders, kings and queens while serving your country with distinction and pride.
- Investigate cyber and financial crimes in one of the following major metropolitan areas: Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, New York, NY, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA or Washington, DC. The U.S. Secret Service has been protecting the national financial infrastructure since the agency’s creation in 1865 and continues to play a vital role in our collective global security.
- Recruitment bonus for foreign language proficiency
- Low-cost federal health benefits and life insurance plans
Interested candidates in their last semester of a college program are encouraged to begin the application process for STAR. A final transcript from an accredited school confirming degree conferral and SAA which is based on class standing, grade-point average (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0), or honor society membership is required prior to a final job offer. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. All education claimed by applicants will be verified upon appointment. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript to receive credit.