Exceptional Individuals Deserve Benefits Worthy of Their Service.
As our Uniformed Division officers protect the well-being of others, the Secret Service strives to ensure their well-being as well by offering benefits commensurate to the immense service they give to their nation.
From comprehensive retirement plans to family-oriented health benefit solutions, the Secret Service offers extensive assistance to its valued employees.
- Competitive starting salary
- Overtime is compensated at the rate of time and one-half, or through compensatory time off
- Uniforms and equipment are furnished at no cost to officers
- Employees are eligible for low-cost life insurance
- Employees and their immediate families are eligible for membership in low-cost federal health benefit plans
- Annual leave earned at the rate of 13 to 26 days per year, based on length of employment. Prior federal civilian or military service is credited, as authorized
- Sick leave accumulated at the rate of 13 days per year without limit
- Paid federal holidays
- Comprehensive retirement benefits. Retirement credit is granted for prior military or federal government service, as authorized
- Eligible for participation in Flexible Spending Account program
- May be eligible to participate in the following programs: Child Care Subsidy Benefit; Telework; Student Loan Repayment; Tuition Assistance; Public Transportation Incentive
- Paid parental leave