Exceptional Individuals Deserve Benefits Worthy of Their Service.
Just as our special agents protect the well-being of others, the United States Secret Service strives to ensure their well-being as well by offering benefits commensurate to the immense service they give to the nation and others.
From comprehensive retirement plans to low-cost life insurance, the Secret Service offers extensive assistance to its valued employees.
In addition to federal employee benefits, special agents benefits also include:
- Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP) that provides an opportunity for special agents to receive up to an additional 25 percent of their annual base pay
- Low-cost life insurance
- Individual or family membership in low-cost federal health benefit plans
- Annual leave earned at the rate of 13 to 26 days per year, based on length of employment. Prior federal civilian or military service is credited, as authorized
- Sick leave accumulated at the rate of 13 days per year without limit
- Paid Federal holidays
- Comprehensive retirement benefits. Retirement credit is granted for prior federal military or government service, as authorized
- Paid parental leave
- Eligible for participation in Flexible Spending Account
- May be eligible to participate in the following programs: Child Care Subsidy Benefit; Telework; Student Loan Repayment; Tuition Assistance; Public Transportation Incentive
- Recruitment Bonus for Foreign Language Proficiency*
* A one-time recruitment bonus (25% of basic annual pay) may be paid to newly-hired special agents who are identified as having a foreign language skill and can test at the S-3 level. This level requires that the applicant has the ability to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social and professional topics. The recruitment bonus must be approved prior to the applicant’s first day of employment and will be paid as a lump sum upon successful completion of all required training and graduation from the U.S. Secret Service training center. The actual payment will depend on the availability of funds.