Exceptional Individuals Deserve Excellent Benefits.
Just as the Secret Service is focused on protecting the well-being of others, it also strives to ensure the well-being of its own Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) staff by offering benefits commensurate with the immense service they give the nation.
From comprehensive retirement plans to family-oriented health benefit solutions, the U.S. Secret Service offers extensive assistance to its valued employees.
In addition to standard federal employee benefits, APT position benefits also include:
- Competitive starting salary
- Low-cost life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Individual or family membership in low-cost federal health benefit plans
- Annual leave earned at the rate of 13 to 26 days per year, based on length of employment (prior federal civilian or military service is credited, as authorized)
- Sick leave accumulated at the rate of 13 days per year without limit
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Comprehensive retirement benefits (retirement credit is granted for prior federal military or government service, as authorized)
- Eligibility for participation in the Flexible Spending Account Program (a tax-favored program offered to employees to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars)
- May be eligible to participate in the following programs: Child Care Subsidy Benefit; Telework; Student Loan Repayment; Tuition Assistance; Public Transportation Incentive.